To Tell Our Stories
This program is a focal point for Survivors living in Southern Arizona.
We appreciate the opportunity to provide support for the many local Holocaust Survivors we have served since the Claims Conference-funded program started in Tucson in 1998. We continue to assist the many Survivors living in our community.
Learn more about the Holocaust Survivors Compensation Program
Contact us at (520) 795-0300 ext. 2214 or Email HSP program
Services and Financial Assistance
We provide multiple services for Holocaust Survivors in Southern Arizona, enabling them to live independently with comfort and dignity. Our services include:
- Case management
- In-home support to help with personal care, shopping, food preparation, and light housekeeping
- Transportation for grocery shopping and doctors appointments
- Mental health counseling
- Medical and dental bills not covered under Survivors’ health insurance plans
- Medication co-pays
- Supplemental gift cards for food
- Utility bills
- Incontinence supplies to maintain late-age dignity
- New glasses
- Medical equipment
Some financial restrictions apply.
- Weekly English language and monthly Russian language meetings include presenters who focus on a variety of subjects that relate to health, our community and Jewish history.
- Volunteers from our Friendly Visitors Program visit weekly with Survivors in their homes, helping to keep them active and engaged.
OUR THANKS TO THIS PROGRAM’S SUPPORTERS
Social services for Jewish Nazi victims have been supported by a grant from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany. Funds from the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Holocaust Survivor Emergency Assistance Fund administered by the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany for the benefit of needy Jewish Nazi victims.
Other funders include the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona and individual donors.