Our employees support the vision, mission, and values of our agency and they are integral to the support we provide to the greater Tucson community.We are small in numbers, but big in the contributions each of us make.
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer.
JFCS Support Coordinator
The Support Coordinator provides support to the Clinical Services Department in the process of intake completion and processing, medical records, and provides coverage for other support positions as needed. The Support Coordinator will work in partnership with the program supervisors and clinicians of the Counseling, Support & Wellness Program, fulfilling the administrative responsibilities such as: meeting with people to complete intake paperwork/welcome packet, roster reconciliation, outreach and engagement, and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED, plus at least four years of related experience in social services or behavioral health field.
- Personable and friendly: Strong customer service skills and ability to work with a diverse population.
- Strong working knowledge of publicly funded behavioral health programs; preferred knowledge in areas of private pay, insurance, sliding fee, grant funding, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and communication skills.
- Positive attitude, proactive mentality, responsive, and strong work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
Rate of Pay: $12 per hour
Hours: Monday-Thursday 10:30-8:00, Friday 10:30-5:00
Required education: High school or equivalen
Required experience: Social services, 4 years
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing & Development Coordinator will carry out activities that assist in the promotion of marketing and development strategies for JFCS. The position involves execution of tasks that effectively attract, cultivate and retain donors as well as promote agency programs, services, events, accomplishments and community impact. Broad administrative skills and performance of multiple support activities are required.
The Clinical Therapist will be responsible for performing therapy services including assessment, treatment plan development, crisis and discharge planning as well as individual, group and family counseling. The clinician is responsible for reviewing and signing all clinical documentation in a timely manner. The Clinical Therapist will also act as a clinical consultant to the treatment team as indicated and will collaborate with outside agencies as required in delivering services.
Benefits offered to full-time employees include:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Work-Life Balance
- 14 Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Accrual Rate (combines sick and vacation)
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Agency Paid Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 403b retirement plan
- Employees may elect voluntary coverage for Short-Term Disability and Voluntary Life
- Professional Development
- Client-oriented, team-supported work environment
Our part-time employees enjoy benefits too:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accrual Rate
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
To apply to any of our advertised positions, please email your resume and include the title of the position in the subject line. Due to the volume of resumes received, only applicants we are interested in pursuing further will be contacted. Each candidate who is invited for an interview will be required to complete an Employment Application and submit it to the Human Resources Manager on or before an in-person interview.
JFCS of Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. JFCS seeks qualified job candidates from various sources. All decisions regarding recruitment, selection and placement of employees are made solely on the basis of job-related criteria. Regardless of the source, all candidates will be considered based on the qualifications they bring to the position for which they are applying.