Divorce Recovery is a program that is managed and led by volunteers. Our group leaders are committed to serving adults and children who are going through the break-up of their family relationship. They are exceptionally committed women and men who have been willing to spend hundreds of hours in service to others.
Interested in volunteering? Attend our 6-week Group Leader Training designed to train potential leaders for Divorce Recovery groups. We welcome individuals seeking more information about issues of divorce, group facilitation, and personal growth to participate. There is no obligation to lead a Divorce Recovery group, however, we encouraged all participants who complete the training to volunteer to facilitate a Divorce Recovery Group at least once throughout the year. Group Facilitators are provided a stipend for every group they lead (contingent on available funds).
Having completed the training, participants will:
- Understand the Divorce Recovery process: The Transition Journey.
- Have an understanding of leadership in Divorce Recovery Groups.
- Develop the skills to lead a Divorce Recovery Group for adults or children.
Spring 2023 Group Leader Training:
- January 25th through March 1st, 2023
- Wednesdays, 6:30-9:00pm
- St. Philip’s In the Hills: 4440 N. Campbell Ave. 85718
- To register, please download and completed the registration form below and email to DRinfo@jfcstucson.org
Divorce Recovery offers college credit for University of Arizona students, with a commitment of one semester. Please note that hours for an internship varies by department. Check with your Academic Advisor for approved units of credit, requirements, and paperwork.
● 2 Credits Internships are offered twice a year and credit hours are broken down below:
- Group Leader Training: 2.5 hours/week for 6 weeks
- Homework/Prep/Travel: 3 hours/week for 6 weeks
- CODCF Group Facilitation: 2 hours/week for 8 weeks
- Research/Plan activities for group: 3 hours/week for 8 weeks
- Reviews: review 3 articles, books, movies, etc. relating to divorce and children, 15 hours total
- Plan, promote, host a fundraising percentage night at a local restaurant: 2 hours
- TOTAL: 90 Hours
Facilitator Training Registration Form
If you are interested in either volunteer opportunity, please complete the Facilitator Training Registration Form and email it to DRinfo@jfcstucson.org.